Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Having a Ball (the Air Force Ball, that is)

A joint honor guard with Air Force,
Coast Guard, Army, Marines, & Navy
set the "missing man" table in honor
of prisoners of war & missing-in-action.
See script of ceremony here.
[U.S. Air Force photo]
On Friday evening I ate a scrumptious chicken and roast beef dinner with hundreds of fellow Goodfellow Air Force Base people (see what I did there?) and many people from the surrounding community of San Angelo. We came together to celebrate the U.S. Air Force's 66th birthday.

I arrived early to greet guests and direct them to tables. Many other students (pipeliners, priors, and permanent party) attended or served as volunteers. The event planners gave us a very good mix of musical entertainment, time to converse with our fellow guests, and celebrated the memory of airmen from Goodfellow who have given their lives in action throughout the decades.

It's a good thing to occasionally take a break and enjoy a little pomp and circumstance and consider why we're all here doing the job. Take care and have a great week everyone! HF1

I greeted three of my classmates who volunteered as buffet
servers alongside the Angelo State U. culinary students. I
asked them if they had planned to arrive as the Brawny
paper towel mascot guy.
The photographer captured my elbow & leg. As you can see,
many people came together to wish the Air Force a happy 66th!
[U.S. Air Force photo]

No comments: