Friday, August 03, 2007
"You can't fight in here, this is the war room!"
If you don't understand the quote above, click here. If only 1% of you get it, I don't mind because I think it's funny and that's what counts. A "Bradyism" if you will, Jim & Tammy in LaCrosse... You probably have noticed very little about Centcom and its surroundings on this blog. Indeed, cameras are forbidden inside and on the premises. Only public affairs photographers may take photos and sometimes they’ll release them. I found these photos on a Google Image search (can we still do that at Shattuck? ☺). Here they are.
This photo shows people I do not know visiting Centcom’s Main Conference Room where the commander holds many briefings. The boss, Admiral Fallon, and his Joint Staff (mostly 2-star types and colonels as well as reps from the UK, Australia, New Zealand, & Canada) sit at this horseshoe desk. We in the “cheap seats” as the Admiral refers to us, sit behind.
This photo shows the view from the “cheap seats.” There are about 66 seats up here. It’s all part of the job right now, but I’m going to wake up in Neenah really soon and hardly believe I was sitting here twice a week. HF1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment