Monday, June 18, 2007

Beware Psycho Ball-Hog Guy (PBHG)!

I went to a Tampa Bay Devil Rays baseball game several weeks ago to relax, enjoy a book, and see how the Rays and Royals would battle each other for the loss. Since my seat is in left field, I got there early to try and retrieve one of the ubiquitous batting practice homers and send it back to Jack (World's #1 Brewer Fan!!!). So I notice this quiet semi-elderly man (no offense to those of you who know who you are) who finally gets one but drops it onto the field. The obliging Kansas City player tosses it to him again. Then a few minutes later, a caroming homer, now a roller headed toward a young lad about Jack's age. This strange fella bolted like lighting ahead of the kid (making a donkey of himself on the way) and heroically prevented the kid from getting his own ball #1. And finally another homer produced an interesting pinball rendition among several seats before rolling to the feet of a thritysomething female patron. As she chuckled and reached for the ball, old psycho-silent man boxed her out and took ball #3! So astonished was I that I looked at another fan an asked, "Did he just do that?" The usher wanted to make something of it and the old dog just grunted when I asked him if he had been proud wrestling another adult for a $10 baseball of which he already had two. Just as I turned around he vanished. The usher said the old coot comes to almost every game. Well, the tickets are cheap, the Bosox, Yanks, Dodgers, and Angels are all due here in the next eight weeks. I will keep an eye out for the Psycho Ball-Hog Guy (PBHG). I will be his paparazzo pest (singular noun..aren't you impressed?) and show him a prinout of this blogpost. For now, as a public service, I disseminate this image (below) of the PBHG. Children and easygoing thirtysomething females beware! HF1

No comments: