Wednesday, June 13, 2007

He's Got a "TS"...He Should Use It!!!

I am privileged to be entrusted with a security clearance to conduct the business I am entrusted with on a daily basis. Every U.S. Senator has the privilege to view Secret (S) and some Top Secret (TS) items as related to their duties as legislators. In case you did not hear, Democratic Leader Harry Reid declared the war "lost" a few months back. Now I read that he has declared the policy of the troop "surge" as a failure. I don't wish to split hairs, but the final brigade of the so-called "surge" just arrived in country around 31 May. As Sen. Reid and his ilk make themselves available for propaganda on al Jazeera, I wish they would take advantage of their clearances beforehand, read up on the reality at hand, and make sure soldiers have had a chance to empty their rucksacks and get their gear strapped on. He also personally insulted Generals Pace and Petraeus as incompetant. I really can't even express how I feel about this individual and the stuff that falls out of his mouth every day. Within the military, there are all manner of political views. We get into our own internal debates like everywhere. However, no one here appreciates the senator and others who constantly exploit this new kind of long struggle for electoral gain.
HF1

No comments: