I'm trying to keep it light, but Sen. Richard Lugar of Indiana made himself the most recent tool of Arab propaganda on al-Jazeera with comments that our new strategy in the war has failed. I want to make it clear that while we have freedom of speech, I'm exercising my own in expressing disappointment in Lugar, who usually is more savvy than this in defense matters. Whatever your opinion on the war, the extra troops have just begun full operations. How can we judge the new strategy in its infancy? You've read about more combat deaths, but that's because we've been engaging and clearing neighborhoods of al Qaida. It's not victory, but the Coalition has experienced a lot of success the past month. Really. Check blackanthem.com for military news collected from various sources. Predictably Sen. Harry Reid, who declared our defeat in April (keep in mind that he's got his reputation riding on our defeat) has used Lugar's comments to heap rare praise on someone from the opposite party (because it reflects his position). You can keep that kind of bipartisanship. You should see the people busting tail to make this work. I guess they have to keep plugging while the senators sacrifice by skipping tonight's cocktails to try and pass an amnesty bill to open the border. Okay, I'm peeved. G'night. HF1
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Lugar Speaks Prematurely
I'm trying to keep it light, but Sen. Richard Lugar of Indiana made himself the most recent tool of Arab propaganda on al-Jazeera with comments that our new strategy in the war has failed. I want to make it clear that while we have freedom of speech, I'm exercising my own in expressing disappointment in Lugar, who usually is more savvy than this in defense matters. Whatever your opinion on the war, the extra troops have just begun full operations. How can we judge the new strategy in its infancy? You've read about more combat deaths, but that's because we've been engaging and clearing neighborhoods of al Qaida. It's not victory, but the Coalition has experienced a lot of success the past month. Really. Check blackanthem.com for military news collected from various sources. Predictably Sen. Harry Reid, who declared our defeat in April (keep in mind that he's got his reputation riding on our defeat) has used Lugar's comments to heap rare praise on someone from the opposite party (because it reflects his position). You can keep that kind of bipartisanship. You should see the people busting tail to make this work. I guess they have to keep plugging while the senators sacrifice by skipping tonight's cocktails to try and pass an amnesty bill to open the border. Okay, I'm peeved. G'night. HF1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment