Friday, June 15, 2007

"Come with me...if..you..want..to..live..."

Remember Nigel in the 2003 smash hit Finding Nemo? You know, the intrepid rescue-pelican who spirited Marlin and Doree off to Wallaby Way in Sydney? Well, I see plenty of Nigels when I stop by Gandy Bridge for a jog or a seat and a book (sitting is much better...but I jog every other day...I'm growing or I must be nuts.).
Emma, Jack, and Natalie, I consider every pelican Nigel. It's kind of like I think, "There's Frank" every time I see a combine in a farm field along the highway. Here's a Nigel in flight over Old Tampa Bay.
SPLOOSH! Another Nigel goes for dinner in a shipping inlet south of the bridge. This area is in the historic "Rattlesnake" area of South Tampa. It's pretty industrial, dusty, and the stuff Miami Vice warehouse execution scenes are made of (Don't worry, I didn't see anyone in white suits and thin ties). But, the nearby Rattlefish Grill is a great place to have an iced tea on the deck.
HF1

No comments: